Do you want to possess a master’s degree in Germany but don’t want to offer the IELTS test? It’s easy, we’ve got this covered for you.
It is a dream of the many international students to urge a master’s degree in Germany without having to offer the IELTS test. Germany has one of the top 100 universities in the world.
Reasons Why Getting a Master’s Degree in Germany is Worth Every Penny
- High valued degree
- No tuition fees
- Countless scholarships
- Study without IELTS
- Work while you learn
What is IELTS?
International English Testing System or IELTS is a world standardized English test for non-native English speakers.
How Can One Have a Master’s Degree in Germany Without Having to Offer IELTS?
Many German universities offer graduate and master programs in basically two categories. They are:
- German programs
- English programs
Those students that come from non-native English-speaking countries need to give the IELTS test to prove their proficiency. While those that come from a native English-speaking country can take admission without giving the IELTS test.
German universities, nowadays, are accepting admissions from students who haven’t given IELTS test but can prove their English with other modes.
In this article, we’ll provide you with details on the way to study in Germany without IELTS.
In some cases, universities might demand immediate audio or video to see your communication skills.
Other Alternatives to IELTS
If you’re a student from another country whose native tongue isn’t English trying to find a master’s degree in Germany you’ll certainly be asked to point out some proof of your ability to speak in English. If not IELTS, there are other tests that you simply can take. They are:
- TOEFL: It is a standardized internationally accepted test of English that is accepted by universities and institutions for getting a master’s degree. It measures your skills in 4 main sections i.e. reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Cambridge English certificates: it demonstrates your fluency in English. Having this test can increase the opportunity of you getting into a German university for getting a master’s degree.
- TOEIC certificate: This test mainly focuses on the English language skills and the fluency of non-native speakers in intercultural environments. It is a comprehensive exam that analyses your pronunciation, cohesion, intonation, and vocabulary.
A Person Can Prove Their English Communication Skills Without the IELTS Through
- Other standard English tests as stated above
- By submitting the medium of instruction (MOI): It is necessary that you submit the MOI certificate issued by your previous institution to get a master’s degree in Germany. It confirms that your previous institution was based on the English medium of language.
It is strongly advised that one should work on their English skills before taking admission to any university in Germany
Being fluent in English will open many doors for you within the end of the day and in terms of getting employment. If you would like to require admission to German universities, it’s important that you simply have an honest grasp of both English and German.
It should be noted that there are not any unanimous admission criteria for getting a master’s degree in Germany. Some courses and universities won’t take not having the IELTS test as an exception while others may take this exception.
It is possible to urge a master’s degree in Germany with no IELTS test. All you’ve got to try is follow the instructions of the university and take an interview to gauge your English skills.
For further information to study abroad in Germany or any other country, take help and guidance from us at Highbrow. We provide consultancy on studying abroad, visas, the immigration process, and everything in between.