A visa is an official document that allows a person to get legal entry into a foreign country. It is usually issued by that foreign country’s embassy. There are different types of visas depending upon your purpose of visiting that country. Many people from Pakistan prefer to study abroad to fulfill their dreams and for a successful future. Forgoing abroad for study purposes they must have to attain the study visa of that country. The foreign exchange students must have a study visa for temporary residence in a foreign country. Every country has some rules and regulations for issuing student visas. If you are Pakistani and want to study in the UK, you must have a UK student visa from Pakistan to enter the UK legally. In another case, you can’t go for education in the United Kingdom. This blog will help you in knowing how to get a UK study visa from Pakistan.
UK Student Visa From Pakistan:
- The UK student visas are of various types depending upon the age of the students and the purpose of the study.
- Short-term student visa, the age of the student should be 16 years or more. To apply for this vise, student needs to visit British three months before the start of its course. The validity of this visa is up to 6 months and can be extended for 11 months.
- Tier 4 (child) student visas are for students of 4 to 17 ages who want to study in fee-paying independent educational institutes.
- Tier 4 general student visa is for students up to 16 years for graduate and undergraduate courses.
- For studying in the UK, first of all, the student should apply to a particular university for education in the respective subject
- After getting registration and receiving an acceptance letter from that university, the student needs to contact the admission center to fulfill admission form requirements.
- After this step, now fill the application form, pay the fees of course and then send your application to the British council in Islamabad for approval.
- After approval from there now the student is ready with a passport for visa application with a stamp.
UK Student Visa Requirements For Pakistanis:
To attain a UK student visa, he/she should have to fulfill the following requirements.
- UK student visa applicant
- Application form (for Tier 4 children or general visa)
- Biometric certificates issued by the British embassy
- Original passport of applicant
- 5- Recent photographs
- Photocopies of applicant’s CNIC
- CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) form from the university where he/ she has applied
- A statement of purpose for visa
- Airline booking confirmation
- Accommodation confirmation of UK resident
- Birth certificate along with marriage or divorce certificate if applicable
- B form (family certificate)
- As the student is from a non-English speaking country so he/ she must have proof of passing the English language test (SELT, IELTS, or TOFEL test)
- Proof of financial support during your stay in the UK
- If subjects of study are sensitive, then the student must have an ATAS certificate
- No objection certificate (NOC) from college or university of Pakistan
- Medical vaccination or undertake TB test depending upon the country of origin and current situation
- Bank statement of last one-month personal account of the candidate, the balance in the bank account should be enough for covering one-year fees with living cost during studying period in the UK
- All academic documents
UK Student Visa Fees:
- Fee for short term visa= $120 for 6- months and $240 for 11 months
- Health care surcharge fees = $190 for one year