The Canadian colleges and universities are famous for their multicultural environment and academic excellence. If you want to study in Canada, there are certain conditions and requirement which a student must fulfill to become eligible. In this article, we will discuss the conditions and requirements to acquire a Canada study visa in 2021.
Get Admitted to Any Canadian College or University
The first thing to do is to get admission to any Canadian college or university. Based on your subject of study, you need to search for the Canadian institute where that subject is being taught. When you qualify for admission in any or some of the institutions you have chosen. They will award you with an acceptance letter.
Application for Student Visa
There are some categories of students who do not require a student visa to study in Canada.
- If the duration of the course you have chosen to study is less than six months.
- If you are a family member or team member of any international representative working in Canada.
- If you are registered as a native to Canada even you have citizenship of any other country.
If you do not fall in any of the categories mentioned above then you will have to proceed with a study permit known as a student visa. The process to obtain the student visa is.
- Submit an online application for the student visa at Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
- Submit the student visa application documents online or by post.
- Submit the acceptance letter of the university, make sure the university is registered in Canada.
- Provide proof that you do not have any criminal record.
- Provide a financial statement to prove that you can bear your expenses for the duration of the course.
- Provide a medical report to confirm you are not suffering from any dangerous disease.
Documents Required for Student Visa
- Student visa application form.
- Acceptance letter from a Canadian university (Original).
- Two passport size photos, recent and with naming and DOB at the back.
- Bank statement of about 11000 to 12000 CAD per annum to assure you can bear living expenses.
- Statement of purpose.
- Proof of payment of student visa fee, which is 150 CAD.
- If your institute in Quebec state, then you will have to provide certified translations of your documents in English and French language.
- If you are not from an English-speaking country then you have to prove your English proficiency certificate. Which can be TOEFL, IELTS academic, C1 advance, or PTE academic. Get excellent IELTS coaching
After submitting all the documents, based on your country, you might be asked to visit the visa application center for biometric scans. It will cost you 85 CAD. You may also be called at the visa application center for an interview. After all the formalities are completed, it will take 90 days to get the visa; usually, it is earlier than 90 days. However, it depends on the local situation also of your home country. If you are applying from Pakistan, India, Morocco, China, Senegal, Philippines, and Vietnam, then you can take benefit of Student Direct Stream. This is a special service for 150CAD, and you will get your visa processed within 20 days.